On 4/13/07, Tipan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am passing a parameter from a template to an inclusion tag {%
> show_tag <id> %}. This <id> value is then returned from the inclusion
> tag defintion in a dictionary (return {'form':form, 'value':id}) to
> render the form for use in a hidden field (<input type="hidden"
> name="xyz" value={{ value }}/>
>
> When I view the html source in the browser it shows a "/" after the
> number e.g.  "6/" This is also passed to the Form when posted. It's
> causing the Form to fail on the is_valid function.

If your hidden input field is exactly like this:
<input type="hidden" name="xyz" value={{ value }}/>

it would seem to me that the "/" in "/>", which closes out the tag,
could be interpreted by the browser as part of the value, rather than
part of the HTML tag. I would try putting the value in quotes, and
leaving at least one space between the value and the "/" character.

Something like this:
<input type="hidden" name="xyz" value="{{ value }}" />

would be valid XHTML. If you don't care at all about XML conformance,
you could also just get rid of the "/" and have
<input type="hidden" name="xyz" value={{ value }}>

which is valid HTML, but not XHTML.

Regards,
Ian Clelland
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>