On 4/17/07, DuncanM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Briefly, I have a system set up to manage football teams, with
> fixtures, results, players etc.
>
> How would I go about editing the admin permissions so that User X
> could only edit the fixtures and results for Team X, and User Y could
> only edit the fixtures for Team Y?  I've looked at the admin section
> already and the user permissions options in there only seem to let me
> grant access to say adding a fixture (but it could be for any team)

What you're looking for is Row Level Permissions. This feature is the
subject of a development branch, although development has stalled
somewhat. As I understand it, completing this stream requires the new
admin branch to be completed first.

This gives you two options:
- Use the development branch as is, report bugs, and help us finish it
to get it into the trunk.
- Read the wiki page [1] about the branch, and use the same technique
in your own code in a bespoke fashion.

[1] http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/RowLevelPermissions

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)