I have a strange question.  If I'm using a stackless version of
python, could I, in theory, use channels and tasklets within a django
application/project?

I can't think of any problems, and I've not experienced any issues
with using the stackless binary to run manage.py, but I'm kind of
wondering (aloud, I suppose) if one could, say, kick off a bunch of
database updates (or generate a report) with a tasklet, returning back
to the django app immediately with a message of "Processing in the
backend..." or somesuch, without the whole process breaking.

The way I understand stackless, it would probably start blocking at
the end of the execution of the request, waiting for the tasklet to
finish, but I'm guessing there might be a way around that.

Either way, I'm going to play around with it this weekend, just wanted
to get the thoughts of others.

--
Michael