On 4/19/07, Jay Parlar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is that what Adrian's going for? I briefly tried out databrowse the
> other day, and couldn't quite see the point (realizing of course that
> it's brand new).

Well, I just meant views and models magically created based on the data.

>From docs/databrowse:
"As the Django admin dynamically creates an admin interface by introspecting
your models, Databrowse dynamically creates a rich, browsable Web site by
introspecting your models.
"

Consider the case of a large dataset you're unfamiliar with.  Consider
the case where you have a non-programmer trying to decide what to do
with data (or just get familiar with it).  Consider the case of a
reporting app where a manager needs adhoc looks at the data.

Databrowse could be considered Access for the web.