Wouldn't that just be the same thing, except 4 copies of them exist in
appurls.py instead of urls.py?

My urls.py is in my source control tree, because there are so many of
them, we each pull it down.  I know we could take it out of source
control and hand change it each time to have /dev1 or /dev2 (which we
may have to do since you can't have more than 255 anyway), but that is
going to get old quick, so I was hoping there was a way to tell it to
append from a setting or something...