On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 22:26 +0100, Oliver Charles wrote:
> Just write your own view that in turn calls a generic view? Create a new
> view, with a similiar signiture, but change the object_id for team_id
> AND result_id. Then, do a bit of logic to find the query set you need a
> view of, and pass this through to a generic view, and then return this.

This would be my standard approach. You are already capturing all the
parameters (once you stop calling two of them object_id), so use those
to construct the "real" queryset you want inside a wrapper function and
then call the generic view.

I wrote up an example of this here:
http://www.pointy-stick.com/blog/2006/06/29/django-tips-extending-generic-views/
 .

It still seems to be a frequently viewed article, so either a robot is
stuck looking at that page or it's something that really isn't as
intuitive (yet) as it might be. I need to come up with some cooler
examples.

Regards,
Malcolm