On 4/24/07, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I now have to sit down and work out a proper solution. That will take
> time and I don't have that at the moment because I have other
> priorities. Of course, anybody else should feel free to dive in and
> write a fix, too, but that hasn't happened so far.

I would be happy to write a fix; but unfortunately, I do not yet understand
the bug well enough to do so.

Until then, anybody being bitten by the problem might want to try Ben
> Slavin's workaround patch in #1796.

Ben posted patches for the management shell and for mod_python.  The case
where I am experiencing this bug is running a script from the command line
(or from cron).  I tried including his work around code
# XXX: (Temporary) workaround for ticket #1796: force early loading of all
# models from installed apps.
from django.db.models.loading import get_models
loaded_models = get_models()
at the beginning of my script, but it did not help the problem.

This is a bit of an oversimplification, since it occurs more with
> reverse relationships and it's not "any time", it's only sometimes and
> depends on the code (model names, etc), OS, installation details and
> which deployment method you're running under. Typically the reverse to
> what you describe occurs: a problem like this is more likely to show up
> in the admin interface or when running under mod_python.

Interesting -- maybe it's because I am running from svn rather than a
release, but I personally have not experienced this bug in the admin
interface.