On Apr 25, 7:10 pm, Atilla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I personally find it Very bad to bind Django users to 1 apache worker
> model, considering how the Apache modules progress and the performance
> you can get out of using clever configurations.

Can you elaborate on this further? I often see people being critical
of worker MPM but they normally don't explain why they think it is bad
and provide justification.

Specifically, what sort of configuration are you talking about when
you say "1 apache worker"? Default configurations of worker MPM still
use multiple Apache child processes so you aren't normally channeling
all requests through one process. Also, the GIL is not as big an issue
as people think it is when using Apache as there can be a lot of other
stuff happening at the same time which isn't being done in Python so
you still achieve a fair degree of parallelism.

I've ranted about this recently in:

  http://groups.google.com/group/karrigell/browse_frm/thread/488ffd42cee600b4

so will not post all the details again.

Graham