I've been trying to get my head around the best way to implement a
rota system. Essentially what I plan to do is:

a) Have a list of jobs, with their descriptions
b) Have a pool of people who can perform each job, either by linking a
user profile to the job, or listing users in a field in the job table
c) Have a rota which has dates, jobs, and the user who is to perform
that job.

I've had some thoughts on the best way to implement this, but I've run
up against a couple of brick walls. The biggest problem is how to
create a model that would allow the user to select a Job from a
dropdown, and then be able to select a User from a dropdown (or
listbox) that is limited to the Users who can perform that job.

Anybody done anything similar, or got an idea of the best way to
achieve this?

Thanks

Ben