I plan to go very big with django and use EC2 from Amazon.
Right now, I have the basic situation.
http://media.djangobook.com/content/chapter21/scaling-1.png (linux
instance,media, postgres on the same virtual machine)

But I plan to go bigger ;-) just in case
http://media.djangobook.com/content/chapter21/scaling-5.png

If you know EC2, you know that the two IP (private/public) for an
instance are distributed dynamically (and everything is lost when the
instance terminates).

That's not a problem for the first tier with dyndns and a ddlcient.
But what is the point for the database server (postgres/pgpool) in
cluster mode.

That's is not the only thing I plan. I would also do dynamic launch of
EC2 instance when needed. How would I manage that in configuration
files without restarting any server ???

I've got already account with weoceo.weogeo.com and www.rightscale.com,
but I don't know yet if these image would solve my questions.

Frédéric