Being a newbie can really make one feel ignorant but failing to be
observant is worse...

In the code..
             (None, {'fields': ('pub_date', 'question')}),
              ('Date information', {'fields': ('pub_date',),
'classes': 'collapse'}),

My error was due to referring to the attribute 'pub_date' in both
lines of code. Removing it from the first line resolved the problem.

Sorry for the noise.

  - Mark

On May 4, 2007, at 12:30 PM, Mark Phillips wrote:

> On May 4, 2007, at 10:39 AM, Mark Phillips wrote:
>
>> I am walking through the tutorial again; new machine, new issues.
>>
>> In Tutorial 2, when I run the server, log in, and edit the Poll by
>> changing the date using the Today link and click Save, django says
>> the operation was completed but the old date still appears. History
>> shows the edits but Action displays "no fields were changed."
>>
>> I am working on OS X 10.9, python 2.4, intel based Mac.
>>
>> I ran validate polls, and syncdb. No errors were reported.
>>
>> Where should I be looking?
>
> I am using MySQL v4.1.22 for the database. The User editor in the
> admin site works as expected, so the database is fine.
>
> I have included the models.py below; perhaps some kind soul will spot
> my error.
>
> Is there a link to the completed tutorial code? Maybe I can spot my
> mistake by comparing my rendition with it.
>
>   - Mark
>
> File models.py
> ============
> from django.db import models
> import datetime
>
> # Create your models here.
> class Poll(models.Model):
>      question = models.CharField(maxlength=200)
>      pub_date = models.DateTimeField('date published')
>      class Admin:
>          fields = (
>              (None, {'fields': ('pub_date', 'question')}),
>              ('Date information', {'fields': ('pub_date',),
> 'classes': 'collapse'}),
>              )
>          list_display = ('question', 'pub_date',
> 'was_published_today')
>
>      def __str__(self):
>          return self.question
>
>      def was_published_today(self):
>          return self.pub_date.date() == datetime.date.today()
>
> class Choice(models.Model):
>      poll = models.ForeignKey(Poll, edit_inline=models.TABULAR,
> num_in_admin=3)
>      choice = models.CharField(maxlength=200, core=True)
>      votes = models.IntegerField(core=True)
>
>      def __str__(self):
>          return self.choice

Mark Phillips
Mophilly, technology for creative business
On the web at http://www.mophilly.com
On the phone at 619 444-9210

Certified Member, Apple Consultants Network
Marketcircle Certified Partner
Member, Microsoft Developers Network
Member, Omnis Developer Partner Program