On 5/7/07, RollyF <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ python
> Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, May  4 2007, 14:56:43)

Seems like the correct Python is in your path already.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ $PATH
> -bash: /usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/home/rxferoli/
> bin: No such file or directory

echo $PATH is probably what you want.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ whereis python

whereis just consults the locate database.  Try `which python`
instead, it searches your PATH.

> I am a linux and python newbie so I appreciate this hand-holding for
> now. I am a bit confused. The sys.path is showing no signs of
> python2.4, the $PATH is fist listing /usr/local/bin where python2.5 is
> located; but whereis is definitely showing python2.4 first. Where
> should I go to adjust this?

If you want to rely on whereis you have to make sure your locate
database is up to date.  Run `updatedb` when in doubt.

Some other things to check:

Did you restart Apache?

Are you compiling a new Python from source?  If so did you add the
Python libs path to your ld.so.config?  Did you run ldconfig?

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/