On May 8, 2:57 pm, "Jeremy Dunck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 5/8/07, Amit Upadhyay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I'm having this issue currently as well-- an app I'm working on is
> heavily based on profiles and relations to it, so most code is
> constantly doing user.get_profile.something.
>
> However, consider that this alternate approach forces apps to be
> coupled within a project.
>
> I don't see a simple solution to this.  :-/

One simple problem with Amit's approach, as written, is that you have
to deal with "fuser" and "duser", which feels a little kludgy (I
realise he was just demonstrating the concept, but the problem still
remains that you want to think of all the profile information as just
part of the user model. Is the intention just to avoid saying
user.get_profile().xxx? Can't this be done by judiciously overriding
__getattribute__ in User, to delegate to a profile if one is defined?

Regards,

Vinay Sajip