On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 09:00 -0700, Robert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have the distinct non-pleasure of setting up Django with fastCGI
> where I have no shell access and no ftp access below public_html..
> The techs at my hosting provider are nice enough to send along the
> fastCGI error output.
>
> I am getting a very long set of errors from that.. .. a partial
> listing:
>
> OK.. so... is WSGIServer missing... related to Django, python or
> apache?

The error strings themselves are printed by flup. They are not fatal
errors (which surprises me), since flup will fill in some probably not
correct default values and carry on.

This *may* be a bug in Django's fastcgi support, since I don't see where
we are filling those values before passing control to flup. However,
since I've never used Django fastcgi+flup before and haven't ever really
reviewed that code much, I'm not going to pretend to be an expert.

The good news is that it appears harmless in any case. But somebody who
is interested might want to poke around servers/fastcgi.py and work out
where we are violating the WSGI spec and fix them.

> and
> typecast_... are these normal..?

I've never seen them before, but they don't look like errors. Rather, it
appears that ultra-verbose output from the psycopg2 wrapper is turned
on. Django does a lot of adding typecast functions in the database
backends, so Django is triggering those diagnostics, but they look
harmless.

Regards,
Malcolm