Thank you Russ, that has fixed the problem.

I  have a problem with the fix though; what if there were multiple
redirects? This just happened when I jumped to use your fix today:

/usermanagement

redirects to

/usermanagement/

which redirects to

/usermanagement/users/

in my application. I don't know how to use assertRedirect in this
scenario:

response = self.client.get('/usermanagement')

(1)
self.assertRedirects(response, '/usermanagement//users/',
status_code=301)

This will print
AssertionError: Response redirected to '/usermanagement/', expected '/
usermanagement/users/'

(2)
(1)
self.assertRedirects(response, '/usermanagement/', status_code=301)

This will print
AssertionError: Couldn't retrieve redirection page '/usermanagement/':
response code was 301 (expected 301)

This calls for some loop in the code of assertRedirects but I don't
know where to place it and how to check the redirect chain has
finished (return code starts with '3'?) - and detect infinte loops
possibly.

I hate to bother you but please explain this to me or, could you fix
it?
Thank you,
Jiri