On 5/11/07, akonsu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> the tags_list field that you propose is an extra field that is stored
> in the database. i want to avoid this because tags are stored in their
> own tables and this field is only used for conveniency. the contents
> of this field is not needed at all and it goes out of sync with the
> tags if i remove tags through the Tags model's admin interface.

I've done this (a 'tag_list' field on the model which updates in the
background on save) on djangosnippets.org, and I thought Jonathan's
app borrowed the update logic so that the tag field would stay in
sync; a quick glance at the source seems to indicate this is the case.
Could you verify that the TagField doesn't sync the list when you
remove tags?