On Sat, 2007-05-12 at 02:25 -0700, Psamathos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get some basic i18n support going but I'm get some weird
> errors.
>
> 1) I had to include the project in INSTALLED_APPS before anything
> would happend at all, but I've since removed that and I'm trying to
> translate a single app.
> 2) I've been digging around the django code to figure out which part
> wasn't working, and in django/template/__init__.py:727 I changed to
> return "%s" % bits, just to see what was in the list. Every
> translation comes back as a <DjangoTranslation lang:sv> which might or
> might not be correct. I thought it was supposed to be a string though.
>
> Currently I'm stuck with this error:
>
> AssertionError at /users/signup
> <DjangoTranslation lang:sv> should be a basestring
> Request Method:       POST
> Request URL:  http://naring.dev/users/signup
> Exception Type:       AssertionError
> Exception Value:      <DjangoTranslation lang:sv> should be a basestring
> Exception Location:   /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/newforms/
> util.py in __init__, line 47

This does look unusual. Since I don't remember us completely breaking
the i18n support recently, I suspect there is something not quite right
in your code. You've given us a very clear indication of what the error
is that you're seeing. Now, it would be good to see what you are doing
to generate those pieces.

Can you make a (preferably very small) example that demonstrates the
problem you are seeing? What is the smallest template you can make that
shows this issue? It will be easier to help work out what's going wrong
if we can replicate the problem.

Regards,
Malcolm