It'd be helpful if you supplied us with a few more details:

1. What is MEDIA_ROOT and MEDIA_URL set to?
2. What is the Picture object's ImageField;s "upload_to" attribute
set to?
3. Did you define your own "get_absolute_path(self)" method in the
Picture model?
4. What version of Django are you running?
5. What server are you running Django through (Apache, built-in dev
server, etc.)

I'd assume that perhaps your MEDIA_ROOT or upload_to attributes are
set incorrectly.

Regards,
Tyson