Ray Dookie wrote:
> Guys guide me a bit here..
> I'm interested to know how much load can a django box say with 512MB
> ram handle.
> I'm brining out a site soon, and was planning on taking either the
> 256mb or 512mb (VPS) setup that www.slicehost.com offers.

I'm certainly not a guru, but one question popped up automatically: what
type of data are you going to serve (how dynamic will your site be), and
what will your level of caching be?

> what i was wondering, is with a box with those specs (on average),
> what i could expect in terms of what is the vists/pageviews i could
> handle on that single sever (VPS) set up before i have need to get
> more servers.

You might be interested to see the following benchmark, yet remember it
is just a benchmark.

http://superjared.com/entry/quick-django-benching/

Cheers,

Kelvin