On 5/18/07, simonbun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have unit tests for a particular app that take about 2 minutes to
> complete. Needless to say, adding new unit tests to this app and
> running them is a time consuming process. I know that the old unit
> tests will succeed and am basically only interested in the results for
> the new unit test.
>
> As far as I can tell, unit tests get run in reversed order (newer
> first).

Incorrect. They run in dictionary order (which is to say, effectively
random order) within any given test class. Test classes for an
application are run in the the order they are defined in models.py,
followed by any tests defined in tests.py. Each application is tested
in the order listed in INSTALLED_APPS.

> Is there a way to achieve what I want?

Not at the moment. I've been meaning to revisit the test runner to add
the ability to run a specific test case or test class by name, but I
haven't had a chance to work on this yet.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)