On May 18, 12:30 pm, Guyon Morée <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree that would be nice, but wouldnt that mean that django is
> serving the files?

Not necessarily. The wrapper view could check permissions and issue a
redirect to the static site if the user has a right to see the image,
or render_to_response an error page otherwise. It's not ideal, since
the Django site is having to take a hit for every image request, but
it may be better than doing the image I/O from the Django site.
However, this approach is really not all that secure - in theory a
user could access the static site directly and try to guess filenames.
Also, would the static site be available to crawlers? The only sure-
fire way of providing security would seem to be to accept the cost of
handling the image I/O on the Django site.

Regards,

Vinay