On 5/23/07, Peter Pluta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't really have any programming experience outside of hacking up a few
> lines of php, but it'd like to start learning python and the django web
> framework. I haven't been able to find too many intuitive guides like those
> for php, so i'd thought i'd ask here. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Python:
http://docs.python.org/tut/
http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Non-Programmer's_Tutorial_for_Python/Contents

(In order of my preference.)

Django:
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/tutorial01/
http://www.djangobook.com/en/beta/
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/Tutorials

(In no particular order.)

Also, join the IRC channel #django on freenode.
If you're not familiar with IRC, it's worth learning about-- there are
lots of people available to help on a variety of topics, and Django's
channel is especially helpful.  (There are 270 people on the channel
as I write this.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat
IRC clients for:
Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/16
Mac: http://colloquy.info/
Linux: http://konversation.kde.org/
Windows: http://www.mirc.com/get.html

Working with someone you know that already knows how to code would be
useful, and, of course, mailing this list is a good start, too.

Cheers,
  Jeremy