On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 20:50 +0000, rogerdpack wrote:
> So it seems that if I run python manage.py syncdb
> and it errs
> it says
> django.contrib.admin: name 'User' is not defined
> django.contrib.auth: name 'User' is not defined
>
> turns out thta in django/contrib/auth/models.py on line 200 it uses
> "User" in error (it was my own fault==a typo).
>
> Anyway anyone agree that more verbosity would be slightly nice? Is
> this a python thing? ahh wel :)

What would you want to see? Is the information available to report what
you would want to see (always a valid question)?

Things like this can be improved if there are improvements to be made.
We're always going to have to balance between ridiculous levels of
verbosity and comprehensible error messages, but sometimes that can be
controlled with the -v option. So make a suggestion, based on some
thinking about what information is available.

Regards,
Malcolm