On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 13:55 +0200, Michal wrote:
[...]
> You are right, the problem is in the database.
>
> It seems like the test database is created in SQL_ASCII encoding. I
> looked into psql terminal and found:
>
>              List of databases
>        Name       |   Owner    | Encoding
> -----------------+------------+-----------
>   gr4unicode      | pgsql      | UNICODE
>   test_gr4unicode | gr4unicode | SQL_ASCII
>
> DB gr4unicode was created by me, manually:
>
>    CREATE DATABASE gr4unicode WITH ENCODING 'UNICODE';
>
> Database test_gr4unicode was created dynamically by calling ./manage.py test

Aaah! :-(

I've been fighting this problem a bit when testing with MySQL, too,
because my system creates the databases in LATIN1 if I don't tell it
anything special and so the test database can't hold the full unicode
range of characters. It creates PostgreSQL database in UTF-8 on my end,
though, so I've never seen it with that database.

Okay... time to fix that problem then. Probably need to introduce a
settings for tests only for database encoding. I should have done that
when I first saw the problem instead of trying to dodge around it.

I hate it when being lazy doesn't work. :-(

I'll put this one on my list. Nice debugging job. Thanks.

Regards,
Malcolm