On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 11:27 +0200, Andreas Ahlenstorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having issues with the Unicode Branch and mod_python (the
> development server ist working fine). That's what's comming from
> mod_python:
>
> Phase:          'PythonHandler'
> Handler:        'django.core.handlers.modpython'
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/importer.py",
> line 1537, in HandlerDispatch
>      default=default_handler, arg=req, silent=hlist.silent)
>
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/importer.py",
> line 1229, in _process_target
>      result = _execute_target(config, req, object, arg)
>
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/importer.py",
> line 1128, in _execute_target
>      result = object(arg)
>
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/django/core/handlers/
> modpython.py", line 177, in handler
>      return ModPythonHandler()(req)
>
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/django/core/handlers/
> modpython.py", line 163, in __call__
>      req.headers_out[key] = value
>
> TypeError: table values must be strings

I can't replicate this problem, but I can take a guess at what is going
on. In [5377] I've checked in what is probably a fix for the problem.
Could you try it and see if it changes things for you?

If you still get the traceback, try modifying the source just before
that last line in the exception traceback
(django/core/handlers/modpython.py) and print out what "key" and "value"
are. I am guessing they have a type of unicode, but they should still be
ASCII characters, because you can't put anything else into HTTP headers.
So if for some reason there are non-ASCII characters in there, we need
to work out where they are coming from.

However, I suspect [5377] is going to fix the main problem by coercing
both "key" and "value" to string types.

Regards,
Malcolm