On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 06:33:29PM +0700, Mikhail Gusarov wrote:

>  DL> And if you don't know what OpenID is:
>  DL> http://simonwillison.net/2006/Dec/19/openid/
>
> Single identity and single sign-on are the quite orthogonal things.

Isn't one usually a subset of the other? I can't think of a way of
doing SSO without single identity, unless you do it without doing
separate identities. (So I guess from the point of view of wanting
single sign-on group authorisation, or something like that.)

So they're orthogonal sometimes, but in the general case they're
actually not (because in the general case you want to identify
granularly, then apply group membership and similar aspects of
identity to determine authentication; so you want SSO to work at the
level of single identity).

I'm probably missing something here...

James

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                               uncertaintydivision.org