On 5/31/07, Michal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I would like migrate data from my Django project on notebook (computer1)
> to another machine (computer2). To perform this, I follow this steps:
> Is this approach correct?

Looks correct to me.

> I ask you for this, because I have problem to load data on computer2. My
> effort ends with error message:
>
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED] app $./manage.py loaddata all.json
>    Installing json fixture 'all' from absolute path.
>    Problem installing fixture 'all.json': StaticPage matching query does
> not exist.

I have seen this error before. That time, it wasn't (technically) due
to a fault in the serializer - it was caused by a model overriding the
save() method. In the overridden save() method, there a query was
performed on the database, but the required objects had not yet been
loaded.

Are you overriding save() in any of your models (in particular,
anything querying StaticPage model?

The only workaround I know of for this is to do your dump in stages,
so that the data required by the query in the save() method is
available at the time the saved object. However, this approach isn't
always possible (depending on the circular relationships in your
data).

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)