> Since full model-aware validation doesn't exist yet, example code would
> be premature. :-)

Ah, sorry, I thought you were saying that models have an existing
validate() method that could be called on an object constructed by a
form.

On May 30, 3:18 pm, "Alfonso Ali" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My solution is to use the base class parameter of form_for_[model|instance]
> function, for example:

Thanks, that looks like a reasonably elegant solution.  I'm still
trying to figure out what methods I'd need to override and whether
they need to be completely rewritten or where I can call super().  If
I get this working, I'm going to write up an "extending newforms for
dummies" explanation in case there are other people out there who are
as dense as me.  ;-)