The solution I implemented for my app has worked without a hitch at
the moment. Unfortunately the problem still persists in the admin.
eg: when I log into the admin, the first page always shows up the
'Auth' and 'Sites' apps but intermittently shows up the app i've
written.

I would like to go through the admin and apply my fix to it. I'm just
wondering what files I would have to look through. Do I only have to
go through the django/contrib/admin/ folder and all the files in it?

Regards,

Mark.

On 15/05/2007, at 7:33 PM, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:

On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 16:54 +1000, Mark Jarecki wrote:
> The temporary fix that I've employed at the moment is e.g.:
>

> Instead of
>

>>> osIcons =
>>> product.productOSIcons.filter(isPublished=True).order_by
>>> ('osIconName')
>

> I've got:
>

>     icons = ProductOSIcons.objects.filter(isPublished=True)
>     osIcons2 = []
>     for icon in icons:
>         if Products.objects.filter(id=product.id, productOSIcons=icon,
> isPublished=True):
>             osIcons2.append(icon)
>

> Which is a REALLY ugly solution, but hopefully I wont have to use it
> for too long.

As the ticket you found suggests, we're aware of the problem and I think
we understand the latest reason it's not working (middleware is
introducing an extra curve-ball for some reason). Fixing it is very hard
because the problem is so non-reproducible. It's quite likely that
somebody running your exact code on a different machine or with a
different version of Python will not be able to reproduce the problem.

At the moment, I'm probably the most likely person to end up fixing
this. However all my free time for Django is taken at the moment on some
other items, so all I can encourage people who find these problems to do
is try to shuffle things around a little, as you've done, in the hope of
finding a workaround.

Regards,
Malcolm