D:

I am in the process of learning Django, and I'm trying to build a very
simple mapping application similar to chicagocrime or
newhavencrimelog.

I like the URLconf that chicagocrime uses for displaying crimes by
type:
/crimes/arson
/crimes/burglary

This makes sense, and the urls look nice.  I'm stumped on the "right"
way to handle dates or date ranges in a URLconf...newhavencrimelog
allows you to limit your search by a date range, however this
information in not reflected in the URL...I'm guessing this is passed
as session data? Chicagocrime has a URLconf for a single date, but not
for ranges:

/2007/feb/07

Anyway, I would like some suggestions on a URLconf for date
ranges...anyone doing this?

Thanks in advance,
CJL