On 6/5/07, Gerard M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello dear django users community.
> I have a little question, I've been digging for the past weeks trying
> to get together all the technologies I need to host a django powered
> app, and this is what I've managed to do:
> I'm running Linux Ubuntu 7.04 Feitsy Fawn distro, I have Apache/2.2.3
> mod_python/3.2.10 Python/2.5.1 running well together, at least that is
> what it says when I type http://localhost, the big question is, how do
> I tell Apache or mod python that I'm using django and that I want
> django to process my pages, I know there is something that I have to
> add to httpd.conf according to the tutorial at www.djangoproject.com,
> but I dont know where to add that config, another thing I've noticed
> is that my httpd.conf is located at /etc/apache2/ and the size of the
> file is 0 bytes, is this normal?, I'm a newbie with apache, so I would
> really appreciate if you guys could detail your answer as much as you
> can :), thanks

Hi, Gerard.

For Ubuntu, they use /etc/apache2/apache2.conf as the main config and
include whatever is in /etc/apache2/httpd.conf as additional
directives.  This is why httpd.conf is blank on an initial install.
You can add the directives from the Django docs in httpd.conf or
apache2.conf on Ubuntu.  It's really just your preference which you
want to use.

Cheers,
deryck