I personally wouldn´t want anybody except trusted editors to work
with the filebrowser.

besides that, you only have to change
{% extends "admin/base_site.html" %}} to your own base-file
and change
myview staff_member_required(never_cache(myview))
myview = login_required(myview)

you may want to change the urls also (as well as the styles, but that
´s up to you).

so, the filebrowser basically _is_ a "project app", it just _looks_
like a django.contrib add-on.

patrick