I was getting around 5 spams daily on my website when it had 1.5k
impressions daily. I've implemented a very simple anti-spam solution
which has eliminated every spam, while I've tripled my traffic.

  It's called "negative captcha", and it's very easy to implement. One
day some spammers will learn how to defeat it but for now, it's doing
the job :)

  http://damienkatz.net/2007/01/negative_captch.html

--
Julio Nobrega - http://www.inerciasensorial.com.br