On 15-jun-2007, at 0:18, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 16:37 +0200, Dirk van Oosterbosch, IR labs
> wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> Exactly. It runs untill I try to load a page (from another ssh
>> shell).
>> And I just get the prompt back:
>
> [...]
> So maybe shove some debug prints in handle(), but, in general, you're
> going to have to try to work out how far it gets before stopping. I
> cannot imagine what is going wrong here. The whole silent failure
> bit is
> confusing.

Indeed, it is very confusing. This is as it gets before stopping:

(basehttp.py, run() method of ServerHandler class, line 271)
try:
        self.setup_environ()

The server hangs on the next line, 272:
        self.result = application(self.environ, self.start_response)
and just exits, without even getting to the except:

Any ideas? What would the next step to debug this?

(Note: I'm now trying to get the runserver going from an empty
('python-admin.py startproject mysite') project, just to be sure the
error is not somewhere in my code (the one I tested successfully on
my PowerBook)

best
dirk