Jeremy Dunck wrote:
> On 6/19/07, Carl Karsten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Which cache backend are you using?  The snippet I linked is for *a*
>>> backend.  Many of the Django caching backends do need to pickle since
>>> they marshal out of process.
>> Um, "The django cache" implies there is only one.  There may have been other
>> stuff and I hate to be hostel about it, but I have no motivation to go
>> digging
>> up something that you trimmed.
>
> There is only one django.core.cache, but there are many backends,
> depending on settings.CACHE_BACKEND.
>
> http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/cache/#setting-up-the-cache
> http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/settings/#cache-backend

This looks like what I did:
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/cache/#the-low-level-cache-api

> There's no need to be hostile, I'm just trying to thoroughly answer
> your question.  When it comes time to deploy, you may use a cache
> backend that has a different implementation and has the performance
> issue you're trying to avoid.

you thoroughly removed the question, which I think you are saying has not been
adequately answered, and I can kinda see your point.

I was able to stuff my code into a twisted based server and hit it with the
client below.  it works, but I am not thrilled about it, so a better solution
will be welcomed.

Carl K

import sys, socket, pickle

host=sys.argv[1]
port=8007

sendme = sys.argv[2]
size=len(sendme)**3

s=socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM )
s.connect((host, port))
s.send(sendme)
data=s.recv(size)
s.close()