> Not really sure if it's a good idea to
> allow users to enter arbitrary HTML code. I mean, just look at what
> happened to MySpace and Friendster :) It's better to just allow users
> to select from a set of predesigned templates and then allow them to
> customize the CSS stylesheets.

Believe me, I feel ya, I'll try and get away with as little MySpace-
ness as possible. :)

> It should be relatively easy; look at Chapter 12 of the Django book,
> which covers extending the auth system with a custom profile model.
> You'll want to develop a model which includes the ability for users to
> specify whatever styles/customizations are needed (along with any
> other information you want to collect), and use that as the profile
> model. Then the 'get_profile()' method on each User will return the
> appropriate object which you can look at to determine how to display
> the user's customized page.

So that's all it is eh? I don't know why I was thinking it would be so
difficult to do. I guess because I thought of template tags first, of
them placing our content in their code rather than have them place
code around our content.. if that makes any sense. I guess my best
example of what I'd want done is Virb, but from a database standpoint
it definitely makes sense.

Thanks for the quick responses guys. :)