Martin Winkler wrote:
> If you want do do really nice graphs, you might take a look at some
> screenshots of matplotlib:
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html
>
> The module is quite large, but has really many functions: from simple
> pie charts (3D too) up to finance charts which gets data from
> finance.yahoo.com
>
> I took quite some time until I figured how matplotlib/pylab works, but
> eventually I succeeded. Hopefully you'll get to some good results
> faster than me :)

I had a similar experience with matplotlib. The docs are not always too
easy to understand so you have to do some digging and experimenting but
it is very flexible  and powerful and the resulting charts are good quality.

A recipe here shows how to return a matplotlib image in a Django response:
http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Matplotlib/Django

Kent