On 20-jun-2007, at 22:19, SanPy wrote:

> File and image uploading for newforms, AFAIK, is not implemented in
> 0.96. There is a ticket for this (#3297). If you look in the django-
> developers newsgroup and search for #3297, you will find more
> information. It is possible to have it working with the latest trunk
> from SVN and a patch from #3297. It works fine on my machine with the
> latest trunk and patch.

Hi Sander,

Thanks for the pointers on this one,

There seems to be an incompatibility between the latest trunk (rev
5505) and the last (06/13/07) patch for #3297. More on this below.

But my main problem at the moment is that my host doesn't like the
idea of getting a -possibly- unstable trunk version with a patch on top.

So I guess I have to figure it out with the current 0.96 version and
various examples. I found another one at http://
www.djangosnippets.org/snippets/95/ which helped me just a tidbit
further.

Question: can I mix and match oldforms and newforms together? (in the
same application that is, not in the same view or form obviously).

(En bedankt voor de code voorbeelden, ook al kan ik die dus niet op
de server gebruiken)
best
dirk

The incompatibility between the latest trunk (rev 5505) and the last
patch on http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/3297 :
filefield_with_newforms_admin_integration_cleaner.diff (20.2 kB) -
added by Øyvind Saltvik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 06/13/07 05:19:27.

see this excerpt output from the command
[ /django_src]% patch -p0 <
filefield_with_newforms_admin_integration_cleaner.diff
[...]
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|Index: django/contrib/admin/options.py
|===================================================================
|--- django/contrib/admin/options.py    (revision 5457)
|+++ django/contrib/admin/options.py    (working copy)
--------------------------
File to patch:
Skip this patch? [y]
Skipping patch.
2 out of 2 hunks ignored
patching file django/contrib/admin/urls.py
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file django/contrib/admin/
urls.py.rej
[...]

Dirk van Oosterbosch
de Wittenstraat 225