On 6/21/07, Petey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there a way to use the same authentication tables between multiple
> sites? I want users on one of my websites to be able to use the same
> login on another without duplicating the tables. Is this possible. I
> couldn't tell if the add-on sites module could server that purpose or
> not.

Instances of django.contrib.auth.User on multiple sites which share a
single database are automatically shared among all of those sites; you
don't need to do anything special or make any changes.

The sites framework in django.contrib.sites is there to make it easier
to specify that certain objects are tied to specific sites, for cases
where you need to enforce such a restriction.