On Jun 21, 2007, at 5:11 PM, Noah Gift wrote:

> I think your being a bit misleading.  Of course you can use django
> for a CMS.  It certainly doesn't hurt that CMS was the problem
> domain being addressed while Django was being written either.  Just
> take a look at 99% of the jobs on django-users.  "Hi, I work for a
> newspaper.....".  So yes it can be a CMS if you write the code for
> it, and it is probably one of the problems django does best.
> Saying django is not a CMS is kind of like Elvis saying he wasn't
> influenced by the Blues... :)

Well, technically, Django is a *framework*. It is *not* a CMS. Once
you install and configure Django, you still have absolutely nothing.
You can build a CMS with it, certainly, but that doesn't make Django
a CMS itself.

Saying Django is a CMS because you can use it to make a CMS is like
saying my oven is a pie because I can make a pie with it.

Pedantically yours,
Tyson