On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 11:04:40PM -0000, Rob Hudson wrote:

> Just following up...
>
> If you use the query string option, you don't need to know the current
> url, you can just do this:
>
>     {% if has_previous %}
>     {% endif %}

Which works fine & dandy as long as you're not using GET parameters for anything
else.  The canonical example is a search page with paginated results.  It's
actually a slight pain to come up with a good way to construct the prev/next
URLs without making too many assumptions about the order/presence of GET
parameters.  I'd be happy if django would come up with a nice solution to that
problem.

I'd also be happier if django's pagination template context parameters didn't
pollute the template context so much.  It'd be nice to stuff them all in a dict
called paginator:

{{paginator.next}}

etc.

But idunno, I guess it's not that big of a deal.  In practical terms, it
probably doesn't actually come up, since you can just avoid name conflicts by
not naming your context variables the same as the pagination variables.

-Forest