On 6/22/07, Bryan Veloso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> RE: http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/3297
>
> I'm wondering if anybody has actually used this patch for a production
> site. If not, then I'll put off a certain feature of my site until
> later. The patch is really tempting though, so I wanted to get a
> better outlook of experiences before taking the leap.

You can always write the code to process File/Image fields in the view
or just extend your form to handle them properly. I have managed to do
so either by processing in the view or extending the form. As of now,
all processing of all forms occur in the view and validation for file
and image fields in a method of the form.

This is what I did for the field validation http://dpaste.com/12715/
the code to save the field data is in the view that uses this form.

There is also a recent thread discussing this very same issue. There
are also good solutions there so check them out.

HTH.
--
_nimrod_a_abing_

http://abing.gotdns.com/