See: http://dpaste.com/12716/

What you can do is setup a conditional like that in your settings.py
where settings will be loaded based on your current hostname. This is
what I have been doing for quite some time now and seems to work well.

For templates, you have to set URL_PREFIX, MEDIA_PREFIX, BASE_URL and
others in your Context so that you can use them in your templates.
Here is how I use them:

URL_PREFIX - Used in hyperlinks to relative URLs
MEDIA_PREFIX - Used in URLs for media files such as CSS
BASE_URL - Used whenever absolute URLs are needed

--
_nimrod_a_abing_

http://abing.gotdns.com/
http://www.preownedcar.com/