Hello,
> The images show when I do a static, non-django html page. But when
> this code is within django, it doesn't show and I think it's because
> django does not deal with javascript paths.
What do you mean - "does not deal"? Once the page is rendered, django
has nothing to do with it. And since there is no template variables /
tags / filters django has nothing to do with this piece of code.
What i suspect the problem is path to the image file.
Let's suppose your document adress it http://localhost:8080/gallery.
Have you tried putting /gallery/media/images/schematics/ into adress
bar? does anything comes up?
This may help - http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/static_files/