On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 16:41 +0200, patrick k. wrote:
> thanks malcolm.
>
> get_initial_data should be defined in the form, I think. because the
> form doesn´t necessarily relate to a model, so the model is probably
> the wrong place.
> I´m a bit surprised that this isn´t easier/cleaner with newforms.

You can't really be surprised that Django doesn't include helper methods
for every special case. Particularly when writing your own method takes
four lines of code. There's a limit on how easy something can be, given
that the model, the field list, the form field names and the mapping
between form fields and model fields are all variables.

Regards,
Malcolm