On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 07:03 -0700, AnaReis wrote:
[...]
> I have a question, do you think I should get the newer version? I
> would if I knew it was easy to update... Because I'm working on linux
> and I'm not very used to work with this os and sometimes those path
> things make me crazy, so what I mean is, is it worth all the trouble I
> would have on installing django and fixing the path things and stuff
> or is it ok if I continue using this version? (The version of Django
> is 0.96)

Staying with 0.96 should be fine. You miss out on a few bug fixes now
and again, but, for the most part, it was a very stable release. Just
remember to refer to the 0.96 documentation
(http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/0.96/ ) so that you don't
accidentally rely on any features added since then. We usually remember
to add "new in development version" or something similar when new
features are added, but it's sometimes not possible to put it in every
location. For example, we can't point out that cleaned_data used to be
called clean_data everywhere we use it. So using the documentation for
your particular release is recommended.

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Borrow from a pessimist - they don't expect it back.
http://www.pointy-stick.com/blog/