On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 01:34 -0700, audial wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've developed my project on my desktop machine ( WinXP + Python
> 2.4.4. + Oracle Express Edition ).
> Now I have a problem with deploying it on the Gentoo Linux 2007.0
> ( Python 2.4.4 + Oracle 10.2.0.1 )
> I don't see ANY russian chars, there are '?????' (question symbols)
> instead of them =(

You don't mention which code branch you are working with.

If you are using trunk, then non-ASCII characters are very difficult to
work with in general and not really recommended. That will soon be
corrected with the merging of the Unicode branch back into trunk.

If you are using the Unicode branch, I have not yet added Unicode
support to the Oracle backend. That will be happening during this week
sometime, as I work my way through all the details.

> Great problem occured after half an year of development work.
> I'm not so good in python skilling, I've started from Django on it.
>
> I have NLS_LANG = RUSSIAN_RUSSIA.CL8KOI8R parameter and also locale =
> ru_RU.KOI8R
> The DEFAULT_CHARSET is also 'koi8-r'
>
> I know, that oracle-branch is not so stable

On the contrary, the Oracle code has now been merged into trunk and
should be very stable, although small bugs may be found over time.

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Tolkien is hobbit-forming.