On 6/27/07, BigBaaadBob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> New install and new user, so maybe I'm doing something dumb.  I
> searched and didn't see anything...
>
> Following the tutorial I get this when running the development server:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/DjangoText/demosite $ python manage.py runserver
> Validating models...
> django.contrib.auth: 'module' object has no attribute
> 'get_max_name_length'
> 1 error found.
>
> Django version 0.97-pre, using settings 'demosite.settings'
> Development server is running at http://127.0.0.1:8000/
> Quit the server with CONTROL-C.
>
> This is on Gentoo with dev-lang/python-2.4.4-r4

This is related to this ticket: http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/4689

Don't let the message/error intimidate you and go on with the tutorials :).

It isn't a big problem, it will go away when you set DATABASE_NAME variable
in settings.py (the next step) and it will eventually be solved so the behavior
matches the documentation again.

Regards,

--
 Ramiro Morales