I'm still new to Django so bear with me ;)

I have models for different types of venues (Bars, Clubs, etc).
Because for example, I'd like to use one Rating model across all these
venue Models I'd presumed that I'd need a parent Venue Model, using
some kind of one-to-one relationship (until model inheritance is
reintroduced), so that each venue had a unique primary key that could
be related to the rating.

However, apps such as comment and tagging get away with it.  Is this
through Generic Relations?

I don't want to code myself into a corner, so when I start looking at
features such as allowing users to search all venues would I be best
with one parent model or will I be ok keeping them separate?   The
different types of venues have quite a number of different attributes
btw which is why they are different models rather than simply
categoried.

Any clarification much appeciated.