Hi,

MVC is still a bit alien to me but I'm slowly getting to grips with
it. I've previously used languages like PHP in conjunctions with
template engines such as Smarty.

What I can't quite grasp with django is, suppose I have a three column
layout for a shopping site and I wanted to show  a summary of the
carts contents on MOST of my pages in the third column ... Would I
then have have to implement the functionality of this in every view by
calling an cartSummary method and pushing that out into the template?
Or is it better to somehow compile all this functionality into a
template tag itself - if that's possible?

Any ideas appreciated,

James